How to Flash or Update UEFI Bios on MSI motherboard usually it does not matter which manufacturer’s motherboard you are using but here we specifically see how to flash update UEFI BIOS on MSI motherboards. In next article, we try our best to give helpful steps to perform UEFI BIOS updates on Asrock, hp, Asus, Lenovo, Gigabyte, dell and other most used motherboards.
What is UEFI – BIOS:
Actually, UEFI is a separate thing from BIOS we just started to spoke them together, if someone ask hey is it BIOS or UEFI BIOS, than we answer it is BIOS of UEFI or UEFI BIOS.
It stands for Unified Extensible Firmware Interface(UEFI) and it is a little software just same as BIOS, initializes while booting up the PC. UEFI is different from BIOS in many aspects as it doesn’t look like old also supports larger specification such as RAM, HARD DisK, Security features.
Most of the Laptops nowadays ship with UEFI BIOS, but people usually don’t know or just consider it as Old Bios system but in reality, devices are updated to UEFI system.
How to Update UEFI – BIOS in MSI:
There are huge motherboard giants such as As Rock, Gigabyte all have their own UEFI software, as uefi are advanced software than BIOS they require more care as crucial part of a computer which starts the computer, as well as user, can make significant changes only through UEFI BIOS. Here are the steps that required to be intiated to update your MSI motherboard.
- First enter this address in address bar: https://www.msi.com/support/
- In search product box enter the model, make, number of your motherboard.
- After finding a product click on it, in the overview of product click on Service button.
- Here select Bios Tab and Download the latest version of MSI UEFI BIOS, extract the files.
- Copy or move the files to USB Flash Drive(You don’t need to make it bootable)
- Restart your PC and go to MSI Boot Mode by Pressing DEL Key.
- Now in UEFI BIOS screen of MSI there is BIOS version note it down, and Click on M – FLASH
- Click on Yes Button to Continue, Now it go to File Path, it automatically detect USB Flash drives and BIOS installation files.
- Just Select the BIOS having extention of MEO.
- MSI will start to flash the new UEFI BIOS update to your MSI motherboard.
- Don’t Shutdown or Restart the system until BIOS update process is completed or also don’t remove USB as this will hard break your motherboard. NOTICE: Mouse or Keyboard would be locked during updating . The installing will take some long time.
Works on All MSI motherboards and Laptops Series
Z270 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM
Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC
Z370 GODLIKE GAMING
Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
Z370 KRAIT GAMING
X370 GAMING M7 ACK
For MSI Z97 GAMING MSI Z270 MSI MS-7758 ZH77A-G43 MSI Z97 GAMING MSI B85-G43 MSI Gaming AMD Ryzen B350M