Sometimes you want to show others what is on the screen of your iPhone. You can then take a screenshot (screenshot) that you can then share with others as an image. In this guide, we explain how to make screenshots works on iPhone 11, 11R, 11Max and also for previous iPhone devices.
iPhone 11 / 11pro/ max
iPhone X / XS / XR
How to take Screenshot on iPhone 11, 11pro, 11 Max
The procedure for new generates iOS devices such as iOS 12 or 13 is the same, on iPhone screenshot procedure is same as on iPhone X and XS series.
- Hold down the power button then press Volume rocker up button at same time
- The white flash ensures that the screenshot is taken and sound also makes it define.
- 2nd Way:
- Go to Settings of iPhone 11 > General > Accessibility>Assistivetouch
- Enable the Assistive touch
- Select “Screenshot” Option for Single or Double Tap
- Now whenever you tap on Assistive Touch Icon it will take Screenshot
Screenshot on iPhone X, XS, and XR
On the iPhone X family, taking a screenshot works a little differently:
Hold down the side button on the right side of iPhone X and Press the volume up button simultaneously.
The screen flashes briefly.
You will hear a shutter sound from the camera and the screenshot is ready. You can find your screenshot in the camera roll. Since iOS 11 , you have been given the option to immediately edit a screenshot. A thumbnail of the taken screenshot appears in the lower left corner. Tap it to draw on it. You can further clarify your screenshot with pens, markers and eraser.
Screenshot on iPhone 7 and iPhone 8
The iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 (also the Plus models) have a home button that you cannot press. That is why it is best to first make sure that you hold down the snooze button on these devices and then press the home button. This prevents you from accidentally activating Siri or Touch ID .
Screenshot on earlier iPhones
- Go to the screen that you want to take a screenshot of.
- Hold down the snooze button and at the same time briefly press the home button (home button). The snooze button is located on the iPhone 4 and 5 series on top of the device and with the iPhone 6 and 7 series on the right side.
- The screen will flash briefly and you will also hear a shutter sound.
The screenshot is now ready; you can find the image in the camera roll of the Photos app. The screenshots are in PNG format, so also very suitable for publishing on a website. With AirDrop you can send them to your Mac , but you can also send them via iMessage , WhatsApp or another app.
In Apple ‘s Photos app , you can possibly highlight certain screen components by using a magnifying glass or by tapping text on the screen.
Screenshot on the iPad
Making a screenshot on the iPad works in the same way as with most iPhones , namely by pressing the same two buttons. Below you can read how this works:
Press the sleep button and the home button of the iPad simultaneously.
You see a short flash on the screen and you hear a shutter sound.
iPad air buttons
The screenshot can then be found in your camera roll. The screenshots have a size that is equal to the resolution of the screen.
The created screenshot is automatically saved on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. You can find this easiest at the following location:
Open the Photos app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Go to the Albums tab.
Choose the Screen photos option.