HTTP protects the data by using one of two protocols and one of these protocols is SSL or Secure Sockets Layer is a protocol that’s used to ensure security on the Internet it uses public key encryption to secure data.
How SSL works?
When a computer connects to a website that’s using SSL the computer’s web browser will ask the website to identify itself then the web server will send the computer a copy of its SSL certificate, a SSL certificate is a small digital certificate that is used to authenticate the identity of a website basically it’s used to let your computer know that the website you’re visiting is trustworthy so then the computer’s browser will check to make sure that it trusts the certificate and if it does it will send a message to the web server then after the web server will respond back with an acknowledgment so when SSL session are complete, Encrypted data can now be exchanged between your computer and the web server.
How to Add SSL Certificate to WordPress:
In this Guide we will see How to add SSL Certificate to WordPress, but you need to buy SSL Certification seprately from your webhost if you already buy you can continue to adding SSL certificate to WordPress:
- Log in to your WordPress
- On the left side, menu go to Plugins
- Now Search “Really Simple SSL” Install and Activate the Plugin
- Now on Dashboard, A Message will appear asking to Activate SSL
- After clicking that button it asked you to again Login to WordPress Site this time using SSL certificate(HTTPs)
- Now go to Setting and Click on SSL you will see the SSL certificate is successfully added to WordPress Website.
Keep in Mind you need to purchase an SSL certificate form Webhost first in order to add SSL successfully to WordPress. If you don’t have SSL certificate Installed you will See below Message in browser notification.