If you have trouble with Realtek HD audio manager and it’s either not installing or its installed and it’s not working or not showing up in control panel or any of those places. If you’re not seeing Realtek in Control panel and it’s missing not opening up or anything like that then we’ll show you some things that you can do to try and resolve this issue
It’s a known issue with Windows 10 and it sometimes happens after an update a major update, although several reasons why it just disappears and you can’t seem to access it
Updating The Driver:
- So the first thing you want to do is right-click on the start band and go to Device Manager
- You can see inside here we have some options over to us which is our sound, where all your sound stuff should be now if you do see Realtek HD definition audio inside here or some sort of Realtek inside here you what you want to do is right-click on this and you can try to update your driver
- Now if that’s still not working right click on it come down to where it says properties
- so when you come in here you want to look for the device is working properly and if it says that then that’s a good sign
- Go to the driver and update your driver Manually
- Pick from the list of available drivers for Realtek HD definition Device
- click on next and this will then start to install that on your system ok
- restart your computer
After restarting see if the issue is resolved or not, also look driver date and version. Sometime the latest drivers will not work on your computer so you need to roll back to previous ones.
Windows Update Catalog
you can download the actual real tech drivers from the Microsoft Update catalog if you go to windows Catalog and put the version up to the top you can search for the latest version, you can also see the previous version if you want.
You can see in the list these are the very latest versions for Windows 10 full creators update and the latter servicing drivers for that.
You must download the ones that suit your computer and OS, you can see here there’s a list for anniversary update just in case you’re still on the anniversary version of Windows 10 if you are and you don’t want to update to creators update you can then download that version and you can see where they are they’re pretty substantial in size so just download those and you can install them and these drivers are in cab file it’s a compressed file. use 7-zip to extract them.
Download Latest Driver from Manufacturer
If that doesn’t work we have other options open so you’ve got your motherboard manufacturer website.
You can go to the website look at supports click on that and it will then give you an option to choose your operating system on this case it’s Windows 10 and find for Realtek HD audio driver download it and install it.
Download official Audio IC driver from Realtek: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/