Losing Contacts in the modern age of Smart devices is a little shame, the time goes when you need to write every contact number in dairy or piece of paper which is always must be in your pocket as it is handy. The Android operating system makes contact saving a lot easier it gives us choice whether to save contact within the phone, sim card or in cloud storage. Gmail from Google also sync user contact and save it on Google storage, Samsung devices also supports cloud storage from Samsung. Even if you don’t want the big companies to do work than there are hundreds of applications on play store that allows you to save contacts and use or import them to the new device.
How to Make Backup of Contacts:
Do you remember the day of buying a new phone and then turning it on? It will ask about your Google Accounts details, every android device must be login to Gmail account to access important Google apps such as PlayStore. At that time Google services also ask user consent, to sync data such as contacts, calls, wifi passwords, files to Google Drive, this is a handy feature so if you want Google to automatically make a backup of contacts and data then must check this on.
Import all of your contacts to Google Account:
The only thing user need to backup all contact to Google is Gmail Address and Password if you forget these, then also forget about contacts.
This is very easy in Android Nougat there is an option called Manage Contact
- First Tap on Dial Icon or Contacts Icon
- In Contacts Section you will see three dots on top right corner representing menu tap on it
- Select Manage Contacts
- Go to the first option called Import
- Now in the part, you need to select from which storage spaces you want to import contacts
- Select one by one first internal storage then SD card and last Sim Card
- Now where you want to save to the contact just select your Gmail and it will automatically backup all of the contacts to Gmail account
- Next time when you purchase a new device and enter Google details, all contacts will automatically be shown within the contacts
- When you click any of account you will see a Google Icon ensuring that this contact is saved in Google Backup
Backup Account using Samsung Cloud:
Don’t worry about Samsung Devices, Google is more powerful than them. Every Manufacturer want to put some magic in their phones by introducing their own fancy application same goes for Samsung like many other Samsung application the Galaxy Gaint also provide the facility of Backup
- First, you need to Make Samsung Cloud Account after which you need to Sign into Samsung Account
- Then Go to Settings>>Cloud and Account
- Tap on Samsung Cloud
- You get 15GB of free Storage and lot of typical options for backup of contacts, notes, pictures, data etc
- On the main menu, you will get Backup settings Click on that
- Here you will see that Auto Backup is turned On
- If you want to Backup instantly just tap on Backup Now
How to Restore these:
- In other Samsung phone or new Samsung device, you will also make restore in after Resetting of phone
- Just log in to Samsung Account Go to Setting >> Cloud and Accounts>> Samsung Cloud
- After hitting next it will verify Samsung Account
- Just tap on restore than it shows everything that actually you want to restore from the previous phone
- It also gives the option to select from which device you want to restore
- After selecting all the things hit restore and Samsung will restore all of your data including contacts
Backup Contacts Using PlayStore Applications:
There are hundreds of android application that back up your account in one step, these applications give the option to save in cloud, send directly to email, save in SD card. The user can Transfer Contacts from an Android to Android, from an iPhone to Android; Move contacts from iPhone to Android and vice versa; Contact backup and restore. Just go to Play store search for top Backup application.